Cooling of liquids
Heat exchangers and special applications
Heat exchangers provide optimum temperature exchange
Our product spectrum ranges from plate heat exchangers to tube bundle heat exchangers and air heat exchangers to underwater coolers and electric heaters. In personal exchange with you, we develop optimal solutions with customized products.
Tube bundle heat exchanger
General information about shell and tube heat exchangers
Tubular heat exchangers transfer thermal energy from one liquid or gaseous medium to another. With a double-tube version, these two media can be safely separated from each other. The design of these heat exchangers makes them very robust, so they are also suitable for demanding operating conditions.
- Oil coolers for engines
- Lubricating oil systems.
- Oil coolers for plain bearings (also for self-pumping bearings)
- Gas preheating
Advantages of shell-and-tube heat exchangers
- Modular system for optimal thermal matching
- Safety heat exchanger available
- Compact design
- High thermal efficiency
- Insensitive to back shocks
- Low pressure drop
Plate heat exchanger
General information about plate heat exchangers
Plate heat exchangers transfer thermal energy from one liquid medium to a second liquid medium. If required, these heat exchangers can also be supplemented with safety plates, which ensures safe separation of the two media. Plate heat exchangers are available in several designs - allowing them to be adapted to different thermal conditions. Freeflow plate heat exchangers and spiral heat exchangers can also thermally process contaminated media.
- Heating and refrigeration
- Heat recovery
- Cooling circuits
- Process media (also loaded with solids)
- Waste water and sludges
- Condensation or evaporation processes
Advantages of plate heat exchangers
- Variety of technical designs possible
- Large selection of plate dimensions - optimal adaptation of operating data
- Safety heat exchangers available
- Partially and fully welded design available
- Freeflow-WT for media with solid content - Free media channel
- Spiral-WT for heavily loaded media (e. g. e.g. sludge)
- High pressure stability
air heat exchanger
General information about air heat exchangers
These heat exchangers are used to cool liquid media by the ambient air. The air is pulled or pushed over a finned tube bundle by means of a fan. In combination with an oil pump on the motor shaft, a drive can be used to power the fan and pump.
- Oil cooler
- Water cooler
General information about electric heaters
Electric heaters are used to heat liquid media. They can be installed as continuous flow heaters in pipelines, heat an entire container content or only the withdrawn quantity. If one combines the electric heater with a pump and fittings, complete preheating units can also be realized.
- Oil preheating
- Fuel preheating
- Tank heating
- District heating - energy coupling (P2H)
Advantages of electric heaters
- Gentle heating due to low surface load of the heating rods
- Heating rods for oil and emulsion can be removed from the tank without draining.
- Deliverable incl. terminal box or with complete control
Submerged water heaters
General information about underwater coolers
With underwater coolers, cooling circuits can be cooled directly by river water. In this case, the cooler is washed by the river water and thus extracts the heat from the cooler water in the pipes. The use of submersible coolers eliminates the need to extract the river water, filter it, pipe it to the heat exchanger, and return it to the river.
Cooling circuit in power plants and industrial plants
Advantages of underwater coolers
- Direct heat transfer from cooling water to river water
- Space-saving design
- Individual dimensions
- Corrosion-resistant materials
With Schmachtl Project Services you are in good hands from the start of your project.
From the consultation meeting to technical support. We support you so that you can implement your project
1. Technical consultations:
- For new applications/developments
- Replacement types alternative for existing
2. online/on-site demonstrations/presentations
3. training & continuing education
1. Process analysis-needs assessment
2. Feasibility study
3. Conceptual design/planning/
6. Start-up support/performance check
7. CE conformity assessment
8. Retrofit: Modernization & Retrofit,
Ongoing additional services
1. Service Packages: Maintenance/Repairs
(emergency call for breakdowns)/Monitoring Services
2. Technical Support
With our logistics services you have the possibility to choose between different
delivery and storage options. We support you.
1. Collective deliveries
2. Demand site deliveries
3. Consignment warehouse
4. Flexible delivery times
1. Customized goods
2. Special packaging
1. Frame contracts:
stock in stock
Schmachtl Customer Service
Contact us for more information about our products and services. We are happy to assist you.